Nurse Tutor Sierra Leone HIREghana: On behalf of the prestigious MSF (Médecins Sans Frontières – Doctors without Borders ) organization, we are looking for:
several Ghanaian Nursing Tutors for a 3-month assignment in Sierra Leone (SL)
#OCTOBER_1st is our next and #last_prescreening_of_candidates
Who is MSF?
“MSF provides medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. Our teams are made up of tens of thousands of health professionals, logistic and administrative staff – bound together by our charter. Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence and neutrality. We are a non-profit, self-governed, member-based organisation.”
The assignment might be extended for another 6-?? months after the initial 3 month period.
You MUST be fully licensed and must have MINIMUM 2 YEARS NURSE-TEACHING EXPERIENCE
#RETIREES are extremely welcome to apply.
Job profile: Nursing Tutor for Sierra Leone Ghana
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) plans to open a new pediatric hospital in Kenema, Eastern Province, Sierra Leone, in December 2018. For this purpose, a large group of nurses and nurse aids will be recruited and trained.
MSF has the ambition to sustain the functioning of this hospital for at least 10 years. In Sierra Leone, there is a shortage of qualified Human Resources for Health, this includes nurses, medical officers and medical doctors. With the functioning of the hospital, MSF has the ambition through professional medical training to bring a positive contribution to the Human Resources for Health situation in the country.
Most of the nurses that will work in the hospital have the qualification of State Enrolled Community Health Nurse and would require a basic refresher training on some key competences before the opening of the hospital.
A 240 hour competency based refresher training over 6-weeks will be organised for all recruited medical staff. After the opening of the hospital, continuous training and professional development will continue during the first 6 to 12 months of the hospital’s functioning. A curriculum has been developed and a Students Handbook is being finalised. A skills lab will be available as part of the training schedule. MSF will provide all the necessary materials required to implement the training strategy.
As part of a training team (approx. 10 people), organise and implement the 6-weeks pre-hospital training for all recruited nurses and nurse aids for the MSF Kenema hospital. Support the course organiser as one of the experienced trainers to guide and support the more junior trainers.
- Assist to finalise the preparation of the training. The training for the nurses is based on a competency-based learning strategy. We expect the trainers to understand and respect the learning strategy (active pedagogy, learner-centred and situation-based).
- As member of the team, contribute to the practical organisation of the training, under supervision of the course organiser.
- Perform the planned training activities for the students: nurses and nurse-aids.
- Under the guidance of the course organiser, contribute to the continuous evaluation of the implementation of the training and adapt and adjust the training planning and organisation day-by-day in coordination with the course organiser.
- Qualified nursing tutor- ideally highly experienced training practitioner. Experience teaching in an Academic Hospital is a plus, but not a must.
- Demonstrated experience in nursing teaching. Should be clearly reflected in your CV
- Experience in competency-based learning activities is an asset.
- Willingness to work in Sierra Leone for the given period
- Willingness to live with the MSF team in Kenema, according to MSF standards and principles (no 5-***** hotels).
- Must be proficient in MS word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Good Communication skills
- Start date early December, exact date to be confirmed.
- December 2-week preparation and induction trip to Sierra Leone
- Preparation work will be ongoing during possible return to Ghana in December
- January 2nd, 2019 depart to Sierra Leone (it might be earlier)
- End of Contract 21stFebruary (tentatively)
Salary and Benefits
- €1274.54 per month
- equivalent to €329 monthly food supplement paid while in Sierra Leone
- MSF Accommodation
- Medical Insurance
- Travel costs including flights
- Must have valid passport for travel
- Must have Yellow Fever Vaccination
- Potentially, support the development of the second phase, after the opening of the hospital, of a 6-month schedule of continuous development of training and professional supervision in the hospital.
How to Apply
- Send us your CV only in Word to CV @ HIREgh . com – use MSF-SL in the heading/ title/ subject line of your email
- Give us a separate page – even if that is a few lines with an overview of your relevant nurse-teaching experience. We want to see what courses you have taught, for how long, at what level, at what duration, at what class size, as well as the ‘type’ of each course (ie just classroom, or hands-on practicals in a clinical setting)
You will first be prescreened by HIREghana by 2 senior consultants )both former European University Professors) on Monday October 1st.
Then you will go through a few interview-steps with MSF and its representatives in either country (Ghana and/or SL) and/or in Europe – These Interviews most likely will take place in Osu on the weekend of Oct 13th and 14th or in the begin of the week of Oct 15th.
The interview will be with one of their Directors and another senior member from their Brussels office plus 2 more people based in Africa (one who is based in Cote d’Ivoire)
After that lengthy interview, you will get a feedback within 2-3 days.
No fees are to be paid by the candidates.
We are looking forward to receiving your CV for this honorable assignment.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that. Tnx again, Irene.
hireghana accra #accrajobs #irenegloriaaddison ghana #msf #sierraleone #SLjobs