URGENT 2000GHC max +Commission BUS DEV / FUND RAISING MANAGER for WHO-affiliate in Accra
The Business Development Manager is responsible for securing funding from the Multilateral Donors and identifying donor opportunities for the organization across several technical and/or geographic portfolios; developing plans to compete for these funding opportunities; executing those plans, including oversight of pre-solicitation/pre-proposal activities, as well as proposal preparation and submission; and otherwise contributing to the Organization’s external representation and internal fundraising efforts as they relate to donors.
Preferred age: less than 40 years old.
Gender: No preference
S/he must be someone who can portray confidence to stakeholders and donors and all other parties / sponsors/ partners. You can write proposals and hit the ‘ground’ running from Day 1.
Any NGO work experience is a PLUS.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify and track relevant upcoming donor funding opportunities – through advance intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources – and inform management.
- Conduct prospecting visits to Organization’s Country Offices to identify and prepare for upcoming funding opportunities.
- Manage Actions for pre-solicitation proposal preparations and bid planning including: teaming, bid strategy, development of win-themes, oversight of and contribution to technical design, drafting management and other sections of the proposal in advance of the solicitation.
- Manage major open donor solicitations and other proposal submissions, including teaming agreements, oversight of technical design and cost proposal, capacity statements, internal review/quality control processes, drafting sections of the proposal where appropriate.
- Represent The organization’s business development interests at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks, as it relates to donor funding streams.
- Contribute to the expansion of the organization’s consultant roster for key technical and bid preparation functions.
- Liaising with local Pharmaceutical companies
This position has up to 20% international travel.
- Masters level degree in Health, Education, international development or related technical discipline relevant for Plan’s global programs is strongly preferred; Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline combined with substantive work and international field experience will be considered.• 5 years of experience in successful proposal development for USAID, WHO, African Union, Bill and Melinda Gates and other donors, including pre-solicitation preparation. Experience with USAID solicitations is required; substantive relevant experience in proposal development for other multilateral or bilateral donors may be considered within the years of experience sought.• Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
• Ability to effectively communicate with and coordinate activities of multiple partners, including field-based staff.
• Excellent technical skills in writing, editing, formatting, research, negotiation, and verbal communications;
• Attention to detail;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and sense of humor;
• Willingness and ability to travel internationally, sometimes with little advance notice;
• International field experience in one of the organization’s relevant technical sector is a plus.
Commensurate with Experience
Max 2000 Cedis Base Salary + applicable commission.
How to Apply:
Please kindly send your CV only in Word (no PDF files) to CV @ HIREgh . com – use ‘NGO BDM’ in your subject title of your email.
PS: by simply liking or sharing this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. Tnx