Are you a great Storyteller, a superb Communicator and going to be our new Fundraising Manager??
Who We Are
We are a 501c3 non-profit with a mission of developing and sustaining robust health systems for farming-growing communities in rural Ghana. The NGO is based in Tarkwa Breman, a farming village located near the Prestea-Huni Valley District in the Western Region of Ghana.
We believe that education fundamentally shapes a child’s lifelong health and impacts their ability to make sound health decisions. We therefore go beyond medical treatment – focusing on education for the most vulnerable target of risky health behaviors and infections – young girls.
Our “Health Equity Campus” – a tuition-free girls’ school and community clinic situated amid our 40-acre plantation, combines prevention programs and treatment measures to form an innovative approach to health equity.
This opportunity is ideal for:
- a high-achieving,
- and charismatic individual with a strong communications background, who loves raising money, loves writing, is organized, and is excited about being part of the core team at a growing nonprofit.
- You are also a great StoryTeller so you could communicate our Story to donors.
The Fundraising Manager will primarily be responsible for growing and maintaining the organization’s funding sources. S/he will co-chair the organization’s fundraising campaigns, manage the existing individual donors and grant portfolio, and will play a lead role in designing and executing new fundraising efforts.
The Fundraising Manager will work closely with our leadership team including the CEO, the Director of Development & Strategic Partnerships and the Finance Director to develop short- and long-term development strategies and build funding pipelines from a variety of sources including private foundations, CSR, and individual donors. The candidate will report to the Director of Development & Strategic Partnerships and will work closely with the entire team including staff at the community clinic, school and cocoa farm.
This position involves working as an integral part of a fast-paced, passionate team in rural Ghana. Based on performance, there is an opportunity for an internal promotion to the role of Fundraising Director. Workshops, conferences and their accompanying travel are also potential (but not promised) opportunities.
- In this position, the Fundraising Manager will do a large amount of grant prospecting, writing, and reporting.
- The ideal candidate can respond to and incorporate feedback, balance multiple projects at the same time, and manage a complex calendar of proposal and reporting timelines.
- S/he needs to be extraordinarily organized and detail oriented. As the lead team member designing and implementing fundraising efforts, the Fundraising Manager should be able to think creatively about engaging new audiences around our work.
- The Fundraising Manager must be adept at people management, building long-term relationships with potential donors or volunteers and persuasively explaining our mission and vision.
- The ability to manage budgets and hit fundraising targets are important, as are organizational and IT skills.
- Super communicator – Excellent English both verbal and in writing
- Once again a great Storyteller!
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage the grant application, writing and reporting processes
- Take the lead in writing and editing proposals and reports
- Support the cultivation and stewardship of relationships with foundation partners
- Identify new grant and/or funding opportunities
- Account handling: ensuring major donors or companies are happy with their donation scheme (such as a charity of the year partnership) and are kept informed of progress and milestones
- Contribute to overall communications and development strategy by specifically managing a Communications Intern.
- Design and implement online and direct mail fundraising campaigns
- Recruit, organize and inspire volunteers
- Represent our NGO to external stakeholders
- Master’s Degree with 2+ years of relevant professional experience preferred or Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in marketing, international development or social work, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
- 2-3 years of managerial experience in a nonprofit, NGO or startup setting, preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven results in implementing fundraising and marketing strategic plans
- Familiarity with Salesforce, fundraising database platforms, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while managing deadlines
- Experience working in rural communities preferred
- A social attitude towards the community
- Language: English, required and willingness/ability to speak Twi, preferred
How to apply: Kindly Send your CV in Word, cover letter and a short writing sample to CV [at ] HIREgh . com – use as subject line of your email: “Tarkwa Fundraising Manager”
Dates: Early 2018; as soon as possible preferred
Hours: Full-time, paid. This is a startup environment, so please bear in mind that you might occasionally have to work on weekends too.
Location: Tarkwa-Breman, Ghana
Preferred age is 25-35 yrs old.
FREE ACCOMMODATION is provided during the 1st year of employment.
Obviously salary depends on past experience and overall skillset.
We are looking forward to receiving your CV in Word format!
Please kindly send your CV in Word to CV [at] HIREgh . com and use ‘Tarkwa Headmistress‘ in your email’s subject title.
PS: by simply liking or sharing this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. Tnx