For NYU’s CTED (Center for Technology and Economic Development), we are looking for a technical Software Team Leader
Job Title: Senior Software Developer/ Tech Team Lead
CTED is a research center at New York University (NYU) that focuses on the
development of innovative and cutting edge technologies that can significantly impact economic
development with a specific focus on problems faced in under-developed areas around the world.
CTED is headquartered in Abu Dhabi with branches in New York, Accra, and Kumawu in the
Ashanti Region of Ghana.
CTED houses several research projects, including: Economic Governance, Mapping, and Land Administration; Agricultural Commodities Trading; Mobile Apps Development; and Cultural Heritage Projects.
CTED seeks a qualified candidate for the development of software and systems relevant to Director
Prof. Yaw’s research at NYU CTED. You will report directly to the Director. The candidate must also be willing to travel to and work from Kumawu periodically each month.
Your Skills and Profile:
• At least 5 years of experience as a Full Stack Developer
• Experience Managing a team
• Experience with AWS (EC2, S3, Route 53)
• Experience designing and building REST APIs
• Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
• Proficiency in a strongly typed programming languages: Java, Kotlin, C# etc
• Familiarity with NodeJs
• Willingness to travel within Ghana 20%
Additional Preferred Skills:
• Experience writing NodeJS + ExpressJS applications
• Native Android development
• A modern front-end library: VueJS, React
1. Managing a team of ~5 developers
2. Developing, Deploying and Maintaining Web applications and/or Android applications
3. Assist the Center Director in their Ghana based research
Salary + Benefits
Starting Salary: 4000 GHS but it is negotiable- it can go a lot higher depending on full skillset and experience.
HIREghana does pre-screen random references and verifies last salaries of successful candidates (we will get your permission for all that if you were to be offered this role).
- Send your CV in Word (so, no PDF files please) to CV at HIREgh.com and use ‘CTED Tech Team Lead’ in your emails subject title.
- Also please provide 1-2 pages (brief text/ bullet points) with specifics on your experience in all those abovementioned programming languages/ environments and your ability to manage a small team
- Provide an indication of current salary (if working)
- Let us know what your availability/ termination notice is.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care for that. Tnx again, Irene.